Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipe Time: Shredded Egg Salad

Happy Monday, all! I hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend! The dinner party at our friends' house was a blast. Sadly, i didn't get any pictures. I'm kind of upset with myself.

Anyway, one of the big consequences of easter is the dozens of boiled eggs you end up with. We didn't color many this year, but it was enough to get my craving for egg salad going!



A friend of mine told me about  her recent discovery - shredding the eggs. Like, with a cheese grater. Strange? I thought so. Time consuming? Surprisingly not. They shred so quickly, and it doesn't take up much more time than mashing them. Actually, i think mashing takes longer - at least for me.



Looks a little like mozza cheese. Does that gross anyone out??

In our house, we like to use a slightly modified devilled egg recipe to make egg salad. It gives it a little something extra. The one i have is very basic and simple:

Egg Salad

12 hard boiled eggs, shredded
4-5 tbsp. mayonnaise or miracle whip (my fave)
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. mustard (NOT mustard powder. i've messed that up so many times, for some reason...)
1 tsp. vinegar
salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.



Stir  together all ingredients. Spoon onto that fresh baked bread you made with the left over dough from the Resurrection Rolls...



Consume. Yumm!!

P.S. M and i were discussing how good these would be with a bit of minced onion. I know someone who puts celery in their devilled eggs... Add whatever you like, really. Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts, but please keep it kind and constructive. Thanks so much!