Monday, October 17, 2011

Baptism Gift: CTR Towel

My niece and nephew are getting baptized next week. I am so happy for them!! It is also a wonderful opportunity for me to use an idea i came across several months ago, over at Rachel Berry Blog (click on this link for the full tutorial).

I've used this super cute, super simple idea once before, but it was a rush job between an activity and the baptism, and i didn't have time to take a picture. It goes together really fast, and gives them a baptism memento they can use again and again.

The only change i made to the Rachel Berry tutorial was that i traced the CTR template directly onto the Heat & Bond paper (backwards, of course), which made cutting it out a lot easier for me.

 All that's left to do is stitch around the emblems to help them stay put. I was visiting for thanksgiving, and was putting these together to leave behind, since i live far away and won't be around for the baptism. I didn't have time to finish them up, but my mom is going to do it before they're gifted.

I think they look fantastic! Thanks to Rachel Berry for the tutorial!

1 comment:

I always love to hear your thoughts, but please keep it kind and constructive. Thanks so much!