Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Countdown Day 3: The Savior in Gethsemane


Easter Countdown Day 3



A Sacrament Cup

Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, “Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.” And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, “O my father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: Nevertheless, not as I will, but as thou wilt.”

Matthew 26:36, 39
(See also Alma 21:9; D&C 19:16-19)



Note: I feel that I should add something here. In my faith, the Savior's prayer in the garden of Gethsemane is a powerfully significant part of the atonement. I don't know enough about other religions yet to say whether this is a unique belief, but I understand that it is not a common one, so I thought I would add a little bit about what we believe on this for the interest of those who may be curious.

The Church website says this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts, but please keep it kind and constructive. Thanks so much!