Thursday, October 11, 2012

*More* Fun With Calendars

Another project for your old calendars - a fun and simple guessing game for small children. 

Okay, I lied. I didn't use calendars. But the C.O.W. Bus, where I stole borrowed this idea, used calendar pictures. I just didn't have enough of a variety in the calendar pictures available - at least not for small children. 

Here's what I used...


If you are LDS, you probably recognize that blue box - this is an old Gospel Art Kit my mom gave me. I was happy to find that the pictures in the kit are standard page size, and depict a wide variety of scripture stories, which made them perfect! So if you don't have a calendar, find some magazines, or print photos off the computer!

Now, first, take the pictures out of your calendar (or wherever you've collected them from) and cut them down to 8 1/2 x 11 inches if they aren't already. Then find yourself a large manila envelope and write your game title on it ("What Am I?", "Guess the Picture!", etc.) and draw three boxes like so...


Cut out the three boxes, then slide your pictures inside.


The kids open the flaps to see portions of the picture, and try to guess what it is. Then, all you have to do is move a different picture to the front and go again.


This project takes a grand total of about ten minutes to put together (though, i didn't have to cut my pictures to size. And I didn't worry too much about straight lines and even text... Hey, you are welcome to fancy yours up if you want. :)


Though, that messed up R is not meshing well with my OCD... I'll fix it later. hahaha!

Until next time, have fun! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear your thoughts, but please keep it kind and constructive. Thanks so much!