Monday, January 21, 2013

Angry Bird Snacks - "Poppin' Mad" Popcorn

I can't take credit for this idea. I found it on pinterest, which led me HERE. I love the colors and setup of this party. She's either got much more money or much more talent than I do. Take a moment to check out her photos. (i also plan to do the "smashed piggies" Jello cups. What genius!)

Anyway, I saw her picture for "Poppin' Mad" popcorn in official Angry Birds TNT boxes and i just HAD to do it for our party! But as much as i searched, i could not find a printable template anywhere.

Thanks to Vanessa over at The Sew*er, The Caker, The CopyCat Maker, I found a good quality printable for the TNT boxes. With a little tweaking on some draw software, I created a template that can be printed on a regular sheet of letter-sized cardstock.

(I didn't have any popcorn, so i swiped some candies from my husband's stash)

Here's a quick rundown on how to put it together. You'll need:


-Box Printable (found at the bottom of this post)
-Glue
-Scissors

Cut out pieces. Fold along all the squares and tabs, like so.


Glue the spare piece onto one of the end tabs.


Attach the two ends.


Glue the bottom.


Done! They look pretty small on paper - they're 3 inch squares - but they will hold a good 2 cups of whatever you're putting in them, which is plenty of popcorn for a kid to snack on all at once.

Note: These boxes are topless and somewhat flimsy (unless you use really heavy paper). Good for popcorn or lighter contents, but not for anything super heavy. It held the candies okay, but it was bulging at the sides a bit.

Here's the printable! As always, personal, non-commercial use only, please.

Update: 


The previous service i used started limiting access, so i switched to google docs.

To download the file!

14 comments:

  1. Hello Emiliy.
    I´m Ana, from Portugal.
    I´m preparing a Angry Birds party.
    I can´t download this TNT box file from SRIBD.
    Would you be so kind to send it by e-mail´?
    My e-mail address is actomas@gmail.com.
    Thank you very much.
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...
    I can´t download this TNT box file from SRIBD.
    Would you be so kind to send it by e-mail?
    My e-mail address is fernandavallim@gmail.com.
    Thank you very much.
    Fernanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I can't download or print this, can you email it to me? Thanks!
    Katie ndurmystar@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi same problem with the printing.
    Please mail to me at tgoussard@distell.co.za
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can´t download this TNT box file from SRIBD.
    Would you be so kind to send it by e-mail?
    Its my sons birthday in a weel
    My e-mail address is sweetdolphy@gmail.com.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I can't download the TNT box and I am celebrating my son's 6th birthday in a week. The theme is angry birds and I would love to have this box.
    Could you send it to me by email at: memengwaquae@hotmail.com

    Thank you so much in advanced.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you send to me please

    Clay.ianclay.ian@googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could you please send me this tnt box by email? I am unable to download the file. I would love to use this for my sons birthday party. I would appreciate it very much. Thank You!

    brutus3737@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant download this either , if you get a chance could you please email me , denisecotter@lycos.com , my little boys birthday is at the weekend and he has especially asked for these ,
    Thanks in advance , x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Planning my sons birthday party and would love to use this box. Could you please email it to me? seasweptspiral@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I've tried multiple times to download this template from scribid and have had no luck. Is it possible for you to e-mail it to me?
    janedrian02@ gmail.com
    I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I am so happy that I found this pattern but I can't download it. Will be using it for my son's party. I would really appreciate it if you can email it to me. Dorsy04@yahoo.com

    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could I get this emailed?
    Didiharper16@hotmail.com

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Thanks for all the amazing ideas. Unfortunately I cant download the tnt box either. Is it possible for you to email it to me at sam.rijsmus@gmail.com
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts, but please keep it kind and constructive. Thanks so much!